St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner (Sunday, March 17 to be exact), so now is the time to load up the printer tray with paper for ten of the best printables for the holiday, including coloring sheets, worksheets, and fun word game pages! In order to save you a bit of legwork, we sought out ten of the best printables and have compiled a list of links for you and have traditional images, such as leprechauns and pots of gold, as well as a few more unique offerings.
1. Coloring Pages 7 has a nice printable featuring two typical St. Patrick’s Day depictions – a four-leaf clover and a leprechaun. Those of you who haven’t changed the printer cartridges for a while may appreciate the two-for-one aspect of this printable – I just hope you have plenty of green crayon left!
2. TipJunkie’s full-page four leaf clover coloring page is just a basic outline of the clover which makes it all the more nice for decorating! Crayons, stickers, or paint could be used to embellish this printable depending on the stock of printer paper you use.
3. CraftElf designed a fun printable featuring a rainbow, pot-of-gold, and an animated four-leaf clover to help you decorate a bulletin board or serve as a cover image for a custom St. Paddy’s Day coloring book.
4. This word search page from Kaboose offers both an easy word game for a child to enjoy and a little bit of coloring fun with a leprechaun and a clover carrying teddy bear featured at the bottom.
5. Best Coloring Pages has a full-page rainbow image for St. Patrick’s Day that features four-leaf clovers growing tall like trees in the foreground. This page could be particular fun for any of you who live near a windmill farm or giant windmill as the clovers are slightly reminiscent of seeing those giants looming large in an otherwise pastoral scene.
6. If what you want is all leprechaun all the time, Coloring Pages 7 knows your number and has a very personable leprechaun just waiting to be printed out and brought to life. He’s even dancing a nice little jig.
7. Can the leprechaun find the pot-of-gold? the rainbow? Only a clever kid can know! These game-oriented printables from Activity Village feature a variety of easy, fun mazes for young children to enjoy as they reunite two hallmarks of the holiday.
8. Learning English features a variety of unique St. Patrick’s day game sheets including a word mix-up page that lets kids unscramble words and then use select letters to “decode” a secret message.
9. Want a larger project than just a printable coloring sheet? If you have some brass fasteners (or a similar product) lying around the house, you can print out this leprechaun image from Super Teacher’s Worksheets and have an animated, personalized leprechaun with moving limbs in no time!
10. Who doesn’t love dot-to-dots!?! About.com has a very nice printable four-leaf clover dot-to-dot for easy St. Patrick’s day tracing.