Presidents Day is Monday, February 18, and it provides both an extra fun day at home for your children and an opportunity to practice homeschooling, whether you home-school full-time or just need a few fun activities to get you through the day. We have compiled 10 of the best free Presidents Days printables, these include printable coloring sheets and fact pages or jokes perfect to print out and start-up a discussion and activity about George Washington or Abraham Lincoln.
1) A Printable Presidents Day Banner from Super Coloring: This printout is a nice little coloring sheet that merely states the words “Presidents Day.” This would be cute to print off if you wanted for a cover sheet if you wanted to make a color book. It could also make a nice banner for a bulletin board.
2) Crayola has a simple color sheet printable featuring both George Washington and Abraham Lincoln with a birthday cake and an American flag. While some people like to honor all presidents with Presidents Day, I really like to keep it traditional and use it to celebrate only the two men whose individual birthdays were combined into one big federal holiday.
3) Making Friends has a fun Abraham Lincoln color sheet – animated facial expression included – that features a larger head on Lincoln and a few fun facts about the 16th president.
4) Child Story Hour’s George Washington printable features a full upper body and a seated Washington with minor background and foreground elements one could use to add to add context to a discussion of the 1st president.
5) Kooker Kids has a more personable, artistic interpretation of Lincoln that is a printable coloring sheet with an Abraham just the right size for converting into a finger puppet if you so choose.
6) Printables4Kids offers a color-by-numbers printable that presents parents with a wonderful opportunity to explore the tall tale of young George and the cherry tree as well as the importance of always telling the truth.
7) Preschool Printables’ set of pattern cards can be printed out twice to create a fun President’s Day matching game for preschool children. For best results, we recommend using card stock or a matte photo paper for color clarity. If you have a laminating machine, you can pass the sheets through it and wipe the cards clean when needed and use them for several years. This site also features several other great Presidents day activities for smaller children.
8) The Enchanted Learning Printable Color Sheet of a one dollar bill will allow for coloring fun as well as lessons on handling money and why we honor some presidents and other notable historic persons on cash and coins.
9) In addition to the page linked above, Crayola has a solo George Washington coloring picture that features basic biographical stats. This image would be good for a school report cover or a presentation board.
10) While this isn’t a printable in the traditional sense of the word, this webpage of Abraham Lincoln jokes from A Lincoln Library would be excellent to print out and share with your children while they are working on a coloring sheet or craft for the holiday.