Today, Amanda and I are pleased to present you with a multiple site promotion held both here at HomeVenn and on a blog I have ran for some years, MiscMayzee.com. I was recently given the opportunity to try out the new Progresso Recipe Starters Cooking Sauce line through MyBlogSpark. I received a complimentary can of Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ Creamy Roasted Garlic with Chicken Stock to turn into a provided or custom recipe.
I liked several of the featured recipes but wanted something a bit more simplistic given a recent illness, so I visited the Progresso™ website and altered a recipe for Chicken and Ham Slab Sandwiches to suit my tastes, and I was pleased enough with the results that I would totally serve these as a game day recipe or as a fun recipe at any other form or informal brunch. The only thing I may suggest adding to the recipe below is a tangier side sauce like salsa for dipping. The contrast of the spicy salsa with the equally spicy (albeit in a different way) Progresso Recipe Starter should make for an interesting flavor explosion. Here is a copy of my recipe:
PepperJack and Garlic Chicken Sandwiches
1 Can Creamy Roasted Garlic Progresso™ Recipe Starters™
1 Can Refrigerated Pizza Crust
4 Slices Pepperjack Cheese
2.5 Cups Tyson Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Pieces (the cubed variety)
1. Preheat your oven to 375 to 400 degrees. My oven cooks a bit hot, so I went with 350 to 375.
2. Lay out your pizza crust on a pizza pan (I spread my pan with aluminum foil brushed with olive oil). Press it out with a spatula to make it slightly larger and more thin.
3. Stir approximately 1/3 of your can of the Creamy Roasted Garlic Lay Progresso Recipe Starter together with the 2.5 cups of chicken. If your chicken is frozen, microwave it for 1-2 minutes to thaw it out before stirring it together with the recipe starter.
4. Spread the chicken out on 1/2 of your crust while leaving a slight margin around the edge of the dough to allow for pinching the dough together.
5. Layer four pieces of Pepperjack Cheese across the top.
6. Fold 1/2 the dough over and then pinch the edges of the dough together. Cut a few small slits in the top of your dough to allow for venting.
7. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes depending on your oven. You want the dough to turn lightly brown around the edges before removing it from the oven.
8. Cut this into pieces (we did six slices but four is also a suitable number). Serve the rest of your recipe starter as a dip or double the other portions of this recipe to make 8-12 slices to serve on GameDay.
You can check out Progresso’s nifty game day recipes here:
|Bacon Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms|
|Chicken and Ham Slab Sandwiches|
|Chorizo con Queso|
|Easy White Chicken Chili|
|Pulled Chicken Sandwiches|
Now for the really, really cool part. Thanks to MyBlogSpark, you can create your own game day recipe or try out one of the recipes listed above. By entering below you could win a prize package featuring a can of Progresso Recipe Starters and the deluxe bamboo 10-piece cheese and appetizer set featured in the photograph below. You can can use the Giveaway tools widget featured to enter this contest. Entries can be earned by commenting on this blog post, following Progresso on Facebook, or following the HomeVenn or MiscMayzee social media pages. If you can’t wait to try out one of the great recipes, Progresso has provided you with a .65 off savings coupon available here.
Disclosure: The information, products and Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ gift packs were provided by Progresso through MyBlogSpark.